- Our Statement of Beliefs
- Our Values
- Our Vision
- Our Strategic Objectives
Our Statements of Beliefs
- in one eternal God who created all things and who exists in three persons – the Father, the Son and the Spirit;
- that all people are created in God’s image for relationship with God and thus have dignity and value;
- that because the first man Adam disobeyed God, all people have sinned and have therefore become separated from God and subject to his judgement, condemnation and punishment;
- that Jesus Christ, though the divine Son of God, came to earth as a human, lived a sinless life, was killed by crucifixion, was buried, rose again physically and returned to heaven;
- that through his perfect obedience to the Father in his life and death and by rising from the dead, Jesus has opened the way for all people to be forgiven and restored to fellowship with God, being freed from the guilt, penalty and power of sin;
- in the essential work of God the Spirit in making the death of Jesus effective in the individual, granting repentance toward God the Father and faith in Jesus his Son;
- that God the Spirit lives in those who have faith in Jesus, transforming them to be more like Jesus, and equipping and empowering them to serve God;
- that there is one universal church to which all who have faith in Jesus belong, and that the local church is the primary means that God uses to reach the world and fulfil his mission;
- in celebrating baptism by immersion of those who have come to faith in Jesus as a witness to their participation by faith in his death, burial, and resurrection;
- in celebrating the Lord’s supper in remembrance of Jesus’ death and in anticipation of his return;
- in the personal return and reign of Jesus, God the Son, when the whole human race, both the living and the dead, will be held accountable to God – those who have put their faith in Jesus will experience eternal life with God and those who have not will experience eternal separation from God.
- in the divine inspiration of the bible, being the Old and New Testaments, which is the supreme and sufficient authority in all matters of Christian belief and conduct.
We Value Reaching out to those like and unlike us with Grace
We will share the good news of Jesus Christ locally, nationally and globally.
Luke 19:10 – “For the Son of Man came to seek and save those who are lost.”
We Value Passionate Prayer
We will pray personally and corporately, understanding that when we pray something happens in the spiritual realm that impacts things on earth.
Ephesians 6:18 – “Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.”
We Value Being Unashamed of God’s Word
We will teach and uphold the scriptures, valuing God’s revelation of Himself to us through His Word.
2 Timothy 3:16 – “All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realise what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.”
We Value Growing Believers into Disciples
We will equip believers to become more and more like Christ every day. We will encourage spiritual growth and maturity in our children, youth and adults.
Ephesians 4.12 “Our responsibility is to equip God’s people to do his work and build up the church, the body of Christ.’
We Value Authentic & Relevant Worship
We will gather to worship our God expecting to meet with Him and to hear from Him.
John 4:24 – “For God is Spirit, so those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth.”
We Value Radical Risks of Faith
Trusting that where God leads He will provide, we will step out of the boat and take risks for the sake of the kingdom, even when it may not make worldly sense.
Matthew 14:27-29 – “But Jesus spoke to them at once. “Don’t be afraid,” he said. “Take courage. I am here!” 28Then Peter called to him, “Lord, if it’s really you, tell me to come to you, walking on the water.” 29“Yes, come,” Jesus said. So Peter went over the side of the boat and walked on the water toward Jesus.”
We Value Outrageous Generosity
To have open hands towards God, each other and our community so that we are known for our generosity and what we add to our community.
2 Corinthians 8:2 – “They are being tested by many troubles, and they are very poor. But they are also filled with abundant joy, which has overflowed in rich generosity.”
We Value Standing up for the Disadvantaged
We will actively seek opportunities to speak up for and empower those who cannot speak for themselves and to work for justice.
Matthew 25:40 – “And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!’”
We Value Strong Servant Leadership
God calls us as a church to provide strong but humble leadership seeking to serve those in our care.
Matthew 20:28 – “For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
We Value Genuine Community
We understand life isn’t meant to be lived in isolation so we will make the effort to know others and be known by them.
Acts 2:42 – “All the believers devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching, and to fellowship, and to sharing in meals (including the Lord’s Supper), and to prayer.”
We Value Bringing our best to God in all things
Understanding that all people are created and valued by God, we want to honour Him – giving Him our best and putting energy and effort into all we do.
Colossians 3:23 – “Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.”
At Mosaic Baptist Church our vision is for people to love and experience God and to love others completely.
Our Strategic Objectives
- Creating a culture that encourages people to grow in their experience of God.
- Expressing love in practical ways to people in our community, our nation and our world.
- Having the people of each congregation use their diverse gifts and abilities to contribute to achieving its vision and goals.
- Intentionally exploring opportunities to launch new congregations.
- Providing regional leadership by working with and equipping churches in our area to advance the kingdom of God.