Seeking expressions of interest for the permanent full-time position of Senior Pastor of our multi-congregational church based in Canberra…..
Mosaic Baptist Church Information:
Mosaic Baptist Church is a large multi-congregational suburban church of approximately 600 people. The Church congregations provide a variety of worship services, with the aim to have a clear style and mission for each congregation as they meet to experience God, fellowship and reach out. The Church has three sites at Page, Evatt and Mitchell in the ACT. It currently has a pastoral team consisting of three full time and two part-time pastors supported by three part-time administrative staff. The Church is a member of the Association of Baptist Churches of NSW and ACT.
The Church is seeking a Senior Pastor who will provide godly and wise leadership for the Church. The person is to be a visionary leader who can see beyond the Church’s present circumstances to where God will lead in the future. The person also needs to be a team leader with a pastoral heart who leads collaboratively the staff and volunteer leaders. It is envisaged the Senior pastor will lead a congregation.
The EOI Process
Individuals who wish to be invited to apply for the position are requested to submit a resume with a 1-page cover (up to 750 words). In lieu of a written cover letter, you may submit a video message of no more than 5 minutes in length. Whether in writing or video, please acknowledge your understanding of the essential selection criteria as outlined below.
All EOIs will be prayerfully considered and individuals who we invite to progress to the next stage of our considerations will receive a full application pack and an indicative timeline for our process.
Essential Selection Criteria:
Please note that the following are not negotiable for us at this time.
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- have significant experience as a pastor and demonstrated experience leading a team ministry
- profess faith in Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord and evidence in their life the fruit of the Holy Spirit
- accept and subscribe to Mosaic Baptist Church’s Statement of Beliefs.
- possess a degree in Theology or Ministry, or it’s equivalent and is accredited by the Association of Baptist Churches of NSW and ACT or its equivalent in another State or Territory. If accreditation credentials are from another denomination, they must be capable of fulfilling the requirements for accreditation by the Association of Baptist Churches of NSW and ACT.
Responses should be sent via email through Christian Jobs Australia no later than 5 pm on Friday 28 May.
Attention: Mr Graham Croot, Chairman, Mosaic Senior Pastor Search Committee via the ‘Apply to this Job’ button below.
Please use: Mosaic Senior Pastor EOI_YOUR NAME as the subject line of your email
Written submissions should be attached to the email in standard formats—MS Word (.docx) or PDF. It would help us to receive all videos as downloadable files with your full time in the title.